Dahlia Wrap

This glittery yarn creates a lovely, lacy wrap in a color that reminds me of blooming dahlias. 
See the bright purple color? This shawl is made of double and treble crochet stitches, to make a nice lacy pattern. 
Here's a delightful dahlia, picture taken in my backyard last year when these flowers were blooming. This yarn just reminded me so much of one of my favorite flowers. 

I used two skeins of Patons Glamstripes in Orchid with an H hook. 

Ch 300

Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in every ch across

Row 2: ch 5 (counts as tr, ch 1), turn, *sk next dc, tr in next dc, ch 1; rep from * to last dc, tr in last dc

Row 3: ch 3 (counts as dc), turn, *dc in ch 1 so, do in tr; rep from * to end across

Rep rows 2 and 3 until your shawl is the desired width. 

To add the picot border: 
Without cutting yarn, ch 1, turn, *sc in each of next 3 dc, (sc, ch 3, sc) in next dc; rep from * to end across. You may have to fudge it at the ends a little bit, but I didn't have any problems. 

To add the picot border on the other side, join yarn at the beginning ch, then repeat the instructions for the other side, crocheting on the opposite side of the chain. 

Fasten off, and weave in all ends. 

My finished shawl is 9"x98". I find this yarn really interesting, with the slight shimmer through all the yarn, with sections of more shimmer. 
Enjoy this pattern!
Xoxo, Alyssa 

Comments

Popular Posts